Thursday, September 17, 2009

My philosophy of education derives from teaching little ones, my degree in early childhood education and having raised 3 children of my own. I was taught to teach with much praise, positive reinforcement and enthusiasm, using real life experiences to make it fun, exciting and logical. I practice this style of teaching on a daily basis and have found that children respond well.

How I learn best… I learn best by "doing", getting my hands dirty, embracing the project using all 5 senses, experimenting within an actual realm. Sitting there in the classroom being lectured to is a “drag” and honestly I find myself daydreaming or worse falling asleep!

Education is a privilege. A privilege that is to be valued and respected. As I I witness my children's educators I find this value to be instilled and taught throughout their learning. I hope this trend continues for them and they can apply it to their continued education and along to their own children someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment