Tuesday, November 17, 2009

speech #2 source

For speech #2 I chose Moondog. I thought his name was cool and was really hoping that it was on the Cleveland Cavalier's mascot, however to my dismay it was not! So I began asking people if anyone knew who Moondog was but to no avail no one did so it was time to hit the library. Again nothing, only a wikipedia entry for him existed at my local library. I approached the librarian behind the desk and asked for help. After sometime he found a book thru Ohio link entitled,
Scotto, Robert. MOONDOG THE VIKING OF 6TH AVENUE The Authorized Biography,Process media,2007.Print. I found the book to be very informative. To check to make sure the book was a credible source I checked out the author, Robert Scotto and found that he not only won best biography in 2008 but also won the 2008 award for excellence in historical recorded sound research. I also learned from researching on Moondogs official webpage that Robert Scotto knew Moondog personally and had several interviews with him throughout his life. Sounded good to me so I began my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment